MAIL CYBER SECURITY: EMAIL SPOOFING AND PROTECTION
- COURSE NAME:MAIL CYBER SECURITY: EMAIL SPOOFING AND PROTECTION
- REQUIREMENTS: Computer and Internet.
- ENTRY LEVEL: All levels, basic numeracy and literacy.
- MINIMUM TIME: 2 Hours +
- PASS RATE: Required 80%, unlimited re-take.
- EXAM TYPE: Online QUIZ, True/False and Match.
- CERTIFICATE: Instant download on completion.
Email continues to be one of the top vectors for cyber attacks. From phishing emails and ransom ware to impersonation and CEO fraud, many of the most devastating security breaches originate with an email. Human error is central to the success of these attacks – it only takes one employee making one mistake to enable a security catastrophe.
- One in five workers let family members use the work laptops to access the internet.
- Over 50% of them connect their own devices and gadgets to their laptops, 10% of them knowingly downloaded content that they know that they shouldn’t have, and 62% admitted to having very little knowledge of IT.
- Over half of them have no idea how to update their antivirus software and 5% of them admitted to accessing areas of the company’s IT system that they shouldn’t have.
There are dozens and dozens of potential threats that can start through email. They come in many forms and almost all of them include some form of human interaction.
All of the most significant and common threats to your company’s files and your email security happen because of something that someone does.
1. EMAIL SPOOFING
- WHAT IS EMAIL SPOOFING
- REASONS FOR EMAIL SPOOFING
- HOW TO DETECT EMAIL SPOOFING
- HOW TO STOP EMAIL SPOOFING
2. SELECT, MANAGE AND TEST YOUR VIRUS PROTECTION.
- YOUR VIRUS PROTECTIONS
- REVIEW YOUR VIRUS PROTECTION
- MINIMIZE INCOMING PHISHING EMAILS
- TEST YOUR ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE
3. MALWARE AND HOW IT WORKS.
- WHAT IS MALWARE?
- HOW DO I KNOW IF I DEVICE IS INFECTED?
- SUSPICIOUS EMAIL WARNING SIGNS.
- HOW DO I GET MALWARE?
- WHAT TO DO IF YOU CLICK ON A SUSPICIOUS EMAIL LINK?
- WHAT DOES MALWARE DO?
- HOW MUCH CAN A HACKER ACTUALLY SEE ON YOUR MACHINE?
4. ATTACHMENTS AND FILE TYPES.
- WHAT IS A DATA FILE?
- WHERE ARE DATA FILES STORED?
- HOW TO VIEW THE FILE TYPE?
- COMMON FILE TYPES AND EXTENSIONS?
- HOW TO SPOT UN-SAFE FILES?
- FILE SIZE
- PROTECTION VIEW
5. EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL URLs LINKS.
- WHAT IS A URL?
- EXTERNAL URL
- BREAKING DOWN
- THE URL
- FTP URL
- LOCAL NETWORK
- CLOUD SERVICE
- COMMON TRICKS USED
Access to course:
WHAT YOU GET
Online Quizes (True/False + Multiple Choice)
Download in PDF on completion